Two people were injured Thursday when a car drove into a Starbucks in Cupertino.
Aftermath of crash at Starbucks in Cupertino, July 7, 2022. (Bay City News Service)
Deputies were called at 12:03 p.m. about the crash at the Starbucks at Homestead Crossing, a shopping center at Homestead Road and Foothill Expressway.
Deputy Russell Davis, spokesperson for the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Department, said a BMW sedan driven by a woman in her 60s jumped a curb and went through a window of about 8 by 10 feet.
Two people inside the shop suffered non-life-threatening injuries. They were taken to a hospital.
The driver was uninjured. She was cooperating with investigators.
The Starbucks shares a building with a Wells Fargo at the front of the parking lot.
Copyright © 2022 Bay City News, Inc. All rights reserved. Republication, rebroadcast or redistribution without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited. Bay City News is a 24/7 news service covering the greater Bay Area.
- Crashes and Disasters | Fundraiser for family of three East Bay men who drowned trying to rescue child collects more than $25,000
- Crashes and Disasters | Person killed by Caltrain in Mountain View
- Crashes and Disasters | California swimmer dies after being struck by jet ski in Arizona
- Crashes and Disasters | Officials: Oakland man may have accidentally set himself on fire
- Crashes and Disasters | Boy drowns in Mountain View apartment complex pool