Cupertino, California is a city known for its technology industry and innovation. However, the city is also home to a plethora of tourist destinations that are a must-visit for anyone traveling to the area. From top-rated restaurants to cultural landmarks, there’s something for everyone in this city. In this guide, we’ll explore the top tourist destinations and hidden gems in Cupertino to help you plan your trip.
Top Tourist Destinations
- Apple Park: One of the most popular destinations in Cupertino is Apple Park, the headquarters of Apple Inc. The iconic building, designed by Sir Norman Foster, is home to more than 12,000 employees and features a visitor center where you can learn about Apple’s history and products.
- Memorial Park: Located in the heart of Cupertino, Memorial Park is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike. The park features a playground, sports fields, and picnic areas, making it a great place for families to spend an afternoon.
- De Anza College: De Anza College is a community college located in Cupertino that is known for its stunning architecture and beautiful campus. The college features a planetarium, an art gallery, and a variety of cultural events throughout the year.
- Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve: For nature enthusiasts, Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve is a must-visit destination. The preserve features miles of hiking trails, a nature center, and stunning views of the Santa Cruz Mountains.
- Fremont Older Open Space Preserve: Fremont Older Open Space Preserve is a lesser-known destination in Cupertino that offers stunning views of the Bay Area. The preserve features miles of hiking trails and is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer and bobcats.
- Cupertino Historical Society and Museum: For history buffs, the Cupertino Historical Society and Museum is a hidden gem worth visiting. The museum features exhibits and artifacts that tell the story of the city’s past, including its agricultural roots and the impact of technology on the community.
- The Barn: The Barn is a community center located in Cupertino that hosts a variety of events and activities throughout the year. From live music and dance performances to art exhibits and craft fairs, there’s always something going on at The Barn.
- The Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar: The Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar is a local favorite that offers a cozy atmosphere and delicious food. The restaurant features a dog-friendly patio and a menu that includes everything from burgers and salads to pizza and pasta.
Where to Stay
Cupertino offers a variety of accommodation options to suit any budget. For a luxurious stay, the Juniper Hotel Cupertino, Curio Collection by Hilton is a top-rated option that features modern rooms and a range of amenities. For a more budget-friendly option, the Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Cupertino offers comfortable rooms and easy access to local attractions.
Where to Eat
Cupertino is home to a diverse range of restaurants that offer cuisine from around the world. For authentic Mexican food, La Poblana Taqueria is a local favorite. For sushi lovers, Sawa Sushi offers fresh, high-quality sushi in a modern setting. And for a unique dining experience, Alexander’s Steakhouse serves up delicious steaks and other dishes in a stylish, upscale setting.
Cupertino is a city that offers something for everyone, from top tourist destinations to hidden gems. Whether you’re interested in technology, nature, or culture, there’s plenty to see and do in this vibrant city. With a range of accommodation options and restaurants to suit any taste, Cupertino is the perfect destination for a memorable vacation or weekend getaway.